Wycombe Village in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, has a very special sense of community - a unique neighborly quality not often found in today's world. The community embraces a common sense of purpose to maintain the historic features and atmosphere for generations to come.
Over the past 30 years, the community, aided by Buckingham and Wrightstown townships, has banded together around a number of issues:
- To halt an intrusive railroad car repair operation near the train station;
- To restore the one-lane stone arch bridge instead of allowing PennDOT to build a new, concrete two-lane span;
- To restore the train station;
- To plan and build a community garden at the train station;
- To urge the preservation of surrounding farmland.
For more information:
Central Bucks School District
Central Bucks East High School
Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence and featured in Newsweek magazine as one of the top high schools in the nation.
Holicong Middle School
Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
Wycombe, National Register of Historic Places